DONOR RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
Full Time, Temporary (Maternity Leave)
Start Date: February 2020
Time Commitment: Full-Time, Temporary (12 months, Possibility of extension)
Location: Grimsby, ON
For over 50 years, Bible League Canada has been committed to doing missions differently. How? By strategically building extraordinary international partnerships with national ministries in over 40 countries, equipping local believers through Bible-centric discipleship programs to become champions for the Gospel, committed to reaching their own communities with the Living Word of God.
Bible League Canada diligently tracks each copy of God’s Word placed, connecting Canadian donor champions with global champions to see maximum impact and multiplying transformation.
Reporting to the Donor Relations Manager, the Donor Relations Associate (full-time, temporary) will play a primary role in the ministry’s telephone strategy as part of our Donor Cultivation framework. Working on site at Bible League Canada’s Grimsby office, the incumbent will contact identified donors for the purpose of engaging and cultivating their relationship with BLC. In pursuit of service excellence, the incumbent will ensure that every person contacted feels appreciated and that their support is valued and is producing results. The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and interacting with donors effectively and diplomatically.
1. Thank You Calls: Thank all donors by phone for gifts received.
- Current Donor Caseload Calls:
- Understanding all current donor events, appeals and outreach activities and leveraging these opportunities when speaking with donors.
- Thanking donors for gifts received.
- Making quarterly touchpoints within the goals agreed upon with your team leader.
- Being active in developing and considering new and creative means of relationship building for the purpose of increased ministry.
- Presenting opportunities and asking donors to partner at a higher level and/or more frequently.
- Inputting all activities with donors into database.
- Campaign Calls: Connect with donors through various call campaigns as needed.
- Match Opportunities
- Day of Prayer
- Monthly Donor Requests/Upgrades
- Support: Provide primary back up support for team members as needed. Additional administrative responsibilities may be added in consultation with and at the discretion of your supervisor.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and a proven track record in donor cultivation, service and/or sales.
- Telecommunication experience is a definite asset.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization would be an asset but not essential.
- Education should include at least some College level courses appropriate to the position. Sales and relational customer service training are a definite asset.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Outlook, Word, and internet research.
- Comfortable with technological change.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the organization’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- A love for Bible-based ministry.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Tanya Garvie, Donor Relations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca .
Associate Financial Advisor
The Associate Financial Advisor (AFA) plays a strategic role in supporting and growing the agency through outbound prospecting, client contact and sales activities. The AFA must be a great team player, outgoing, results driven, confident, fun and competitive. This role would specialize in both life insurance and wealth products. The AFA will identify prospects in both personal and business markets, determine needs and as a trusted Associate Advisor, make informed product recommendations. I am looking for an individual who is well connected in the Guelph and the surrounding area.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support development of the agency operation through the sales and profitable growth of life and investment products.
- Connecting with clients to put together both a Financial and Retirement Plan and having regular follow up meetings to ensure clients stay on tract with their goals
- Service and support the life and investment portfolio of the agency while adhering to compliance rules and regulations for the sale of life insurance products.
- Proactively complete client reviews focusing on life and investment products.
- Prospect and cross sell all lines of business by completing needs analysis for clients in accordance with the agency Business Plan
- Complete front line risk assessment and selection, following underwriting guidelines
- Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity and contribute to the achievement of overall agency sales and growth goals
- Develop annual marketing plans outlining strategies and activities to meet goals in each product area of responsibility
- Support programs to build multi-client relationships.
- Respond to and investigate client questions and concerns, resolve client complaints and escalate issues appropriately
- Support the agency team in their daily activities
Physical: Regular office environment with some evening work required and some travel outside of the office. Willing to work flexible hours.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Life License is required
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience or related business or marketing experience is required
- Knowledge of insurance and investment products and strong underwriting skills is an asset
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making, problem solving
- Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license is required
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
Please apply by sending an email to Richard Van Dyke at email@example.com or call him at 519.837.0026 .
Assistant Manager (Operations Generalist)
We are a Christian Not-for-profit organization and have a workforce of approximately 190 volunteers from various churches, organizations, and different walks of life. Our store in Langley is a part of the BFM (Canada) which is a national organization with over 50 thrift stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, provide church planter training, children’s ministry programs, and distribute Bibles in many places around the world. Mission Thrift Store Langley is currently seeking a ministry minded individual who understands, supports and will have a passion for the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada).
Job Opening: Assistant Manager (Operations Generalist)
The Assistant Manager (Operations Generalist) will have a list of general duties around the store and in addition will also oversee furniture pick-ups and the use of our truck for metal recycling, garbage removal, and flower pick-ups. The Assistant Manager (OG) will work in partnership with the management team to ensure that donated inventory moves efficiently in and out of the store on a day to day basis. This individual will be involved in sorting and pricing incoming goods, heavy lifting of large furniture items, making small repairs, as well as being one of the go-to people for final say on donations and quality control. The potential candidate will have a 3-month probationary period initially before a longer-term agreement is made.
- 40 hrs. per week (4 days during the week plus Saturdays) – part time position would be considered for successful candidate if necessary
- Salary will be determined based on experience
- Two weeks of paid vacation
- Upon successful completion of probation candidate will be eligible for a health benefits package.
- Decisiveness – the ability to say no confidently when determining whether specific donations meet our quality guidelines.
- Team work – can work with a variety of volunteers with many skill levels, physical and mental abilities, age categories, socio-economic situations and understands how to motivate volunteers
- Self-motivation – able to self-manage and work independently
- Interpersonal skills – able to relate well with people and build new relationships
- Multitasking and prioritizing – The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks quickly and efficiently as different needs arise
- Delegation – Must be able to direct the work of volunteers confidently and in a respectful manner
Job Duties (General)
- Responsible for the intake of incoming donations – filtering and quality control
- Pre-sorting of incoming donations and placement of donations in appropriate departments in the back of the store
- Unloading and loading of furniture that is being donated or purchased
- Pricing of furniture, appliances, and miscellaneous items (hardware, sporting goods, and large items)
- Transferring processed furniture to the storefront
- Disposal and recycling of outdated or substandard inventory (garbage runs, wood recycling)
- Maintaining a safe and clean workspace for all parties involved
- Assists with pick-up service (scheduling and filling in when necessary as a driver)
- Attendance and contribution to weekly staff meetings; this may at times fall outside of regular working hours depending on the needs of the store
- Assist volunteers to ensure their needs are met in order to do their various jobs. Must be able to troubleshoot problems as they arise.
Job Duties (Specialized)
- Furniture pick-ups and all general use of our store truck
- Valid BC License and 10 years driving experience; ability to drive a 3-ton truck is required
- Successful applicants will require a criminal record check
- Ability to do heavy lifting (Large hutches, couches, desks etc.)
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Retail setting experience an asset
- Volunteer experience is required
- Successful applicant will be required to complete first aid training
- Basic computer abilities including the ability to make schedules, email, and communicate within a team
All applicants must submit a resume along with a written statement of faith. Submissions can be made in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be considered until January 27, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found. Only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted. We thank all others for their interest.
Director of Fund Development
BFM Foundation (Canada) (“The Foundation”) is a Christian organization that works with the 50+ Mission Thrift Stores across Canada. The net revenues generated by the Mission Thrift Stores is forwarded to our Joint Ministry partner Bible League Canada. Those funds are used to establish adult and children’s literacy programs, church planter training and supporting the persecuted church around the world. The Mission Thrift Stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
The Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Director of Fund Development who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of fund development with strong written and verbal skills, excellent presentation and organizational skills, and will possess analytical and problem-solving skills, appropriate decision-making and will be proficient in the MS Office Suite programs.
The Foundation is positioned for exponential growth. The successful candidate will be part of a vibrant team of dedicated staff and volunteers that will realize amazing results, now and for decades to come. We are serving to place the living word of God worldwide, in joint ministry with Bible League Canada. The successful candidate needs to understand and wholeheartedly support the global mandate that drives what we do.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Documents.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include but is not limited to, prayer at Mission Thrift Store events or at the BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Imperative that the candidate exemplifies integrity, trustworthiness and collaboration
- Minimum 10+ years of proven innovative leadership, recruitment, motivation, fundraising, donor and relationship management with a variety of corporate and private donors
- Experience with designing & leading capital campaigns, annual fund-raising campaigns and managing a pipeline of philanthropic opportunities
- Familiarity with the acquisition and management of Promissory Notes
- Exposure to/experience in under-resourced countries
- Ability to cultivate and obtain large gifts while successfully managing relationships
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian fundraising trends, methods and principles
- Demonstrated capacity to set strategy, oversee implementation and drive growth all along the donor giving continuum and across asset offerings
- Energy, enthusiasm and a demonstrated ability to work professionally and effectively under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including: coaching, encouraging, motivating, negotiating, managing change and conflict resolution
- Strong analytical, planning skills: budgeting, operating plan development, marketing & business case development
The Director of Fund Development will work at the Newmarket Ontario office 1-2 days each week. The successful candidate must travel within Canada occasionally for up-to 10 days at a time and may also have occasion to travel globally to supported areas throughout their tenure. The balance of time can be worked from home and the successful candidate must be able to establish and realize goals consistent with their role and the budgetary expectations consistent with this position.
Salary Expectations: Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada), we look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit your resume to Melody Mooibroek by Friday, 14 February 2020, c/o: email@example.com
Hero Technical Solutions
Do you live and breathe systems and organization?
We’re looking for a new remote Virtual Assistant/Project Management Assistant to add to our team for between 20 and 30 hours hours per week with the potential to work additional hours during peak times of the year.
You’ll be responsible for certain project management, acting as an executive assistant to the owner, learning and becoming an expert with our Zoho CRM platform as well as performing some light tech duties. You must also be willing to occasionally assist with customer service and to make or receive phone calls on the company’s behalf. The perfect candidate will be flexible, willing to operate under different company hats, have a wide range of experience and have a willingness to be trained on new software.
In a nutshell, your mission is to free up the owner’s time, help projects run smoothly, delight our clients, and contribute as your interests and capabilities best fit to our goal of serving small and mid-size businesses and growing our company 10X over the next 6 years.
Work from home, wage is negotiable, and no dress code!
Specifically, Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Project management assistance, acting as assistant to Owner
- Coordinating with clients and our developer team to help projects stay on track
- Manage the owner’s inbox and triage email
- Email follow up and scheduling of phone calls and web meetings
- Attend web meetings and phone calls with responsibility for follow-up / action items
- Follow up with high value clients
- Follow up work with leads that we have had consultations with
- Creating systems and processes, and getting operational work done
- Some bookkeeping duties, primarily bank reconciliation and bi-weekly payroll
- Light Zoho technical assistance and help (answering some basic questions and help with setup on some projects)
- Light website/blog updates
- Help with uploading and promoting YouTube videos
- Work with graphic artists to generate promotional stills
- Helping to brainstorm ideas, take initiative, and see internal projects through to implementation and amazing results
We’d Love You To Apply If:
- You have at least 1 full year experience working with online businesses as a virtual assistant
- Be available to meet with us for our regular phone/web meetings
- Experienced with email list and/or CRM maintenance, mailing list setup, and creating simple campaign templates
- Willingness to be trained in Zoho products, including Zoho Campaigns
- Excellent phone/email communication skills: courteous, friendly, warm
- Strong communicator with good computer skills
- Excel skills a plus. We will teach you Zoho products
- Are a highly organized and detail-oriented person who always follows through
- Live and work from either US or Canada
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume via email to:
President, Hero Technical Solutions Inc.
Executive Assistant / Mortgage Coordinator
Christian Stewardship Services is an established Christian charity which encourages and facilitates the planning and giving of donations to charity. We manage a large pool of donations and deposits invested largely in mortgages within the Christian community. Our Staff are motivated by our faith and playing a part in supporting the growth of churches and Christian organisations.
This position is located in our Cambridge Office. The hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This is a permanent position with a 6 month probationary period. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills. The successful applicant will assist our Fund Manager, as well as working independently on dealing with mortgage applications from churches and Christian organisations.
Duties include: communication (both verbal and written) with mortgage applicants, process tracking using Salesforce and other programs, handling projects independently, and assisting the Fund Manager and other senior staff.
The successful applicant will have a minimum of two years experience in a similar professional office environment; work experience in a legal or financial environment, with charities, or in a mortgage brokerage are particularly valuable. Proficiency in French would also be an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to sign the CSS Statement of Faith.
Demonstrated skills and attributes
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Attention to detail, particularly in document review and data entry
- Analytical ability, including some financial analysis
- Understanding of church and charity functioning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and able to learn cloud-based CRM system
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
Apply with your resume to: Rob Vandebelt, Fund Manager, Christian Stewardship Services
firstname.lastname@example.org 800.267.8890 ext. 250
Retail Sales Manager
Be part of an organization that encourages good stewardship with service and advice from experts, modern banking technology and a comprehensive range of products. We are principled and benefit our members with low fees, great rates, and profit sharing. We support Christian organizations and provide resources to help make a difference in the world.
We are seeking a Retail Sales Manager who is ready to take their career further by adding a different sense of purpose and call to their work. At Christian Credit Union, we live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees.
What are some key responsibilities?
• Utilize your creativity and business development talents to contribute to the development and execution of a Retail Business Development plan that successfully achieves ongoing growth and awareness of Christian Credit Union in the broader Christian community across Alberta.
• Utilize your strong sales leadership skills to successfully champion and execute corporate sales strategies and campaigns through our retail sales team to increase the number of Members we can help achieve their personal financial goals and find contentment with their finances.
• Manage the corporate sales training program and apply your strong people development skills to mentor and coach the retail and business sales teams to become high performing and professional teams dedicated and equipped to deliver customized financial solutions and trusted advice grounded in biblical financial principles.
• Apply proven financial management skills to effectively manage operating budgets and capital costs for two retail branches located in Edmonton and Lethbridge. This position will have direct reports at both Edmonton and Lethbridge locations and regular travel will be required.
• Represent and actively promote the credit union within the community and build community referral networks.
What skills and attributes does a Retail Sales Manager need to have?
• Demonstrates exemplary Christian character including a desire to promote biblical financial stewardship.
• Possesses superior sales leadership abilities with proven experience in developing sales capabilities in others to achieve business results.
• Possesses strong change leadership skills to help others thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment undergoing a digital transformation.
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels of the organization.
• Possesses a drive for excellence and continuous learning.
• Demonstrates proficiency in MS Office Suite and strong computer literacy
- Post-secondary education in a business discipline and/or industry accreditation is preferred.
• Possesses 8-10 years of sales experience with a proven track record in developing people to achieve results.
A competitive salary and benefits package, deposit and loan program and education programs are all reasons to consider Christian Credit Union for your career.
Closing Date: January 3, 2020 or until position is filled.
To indicate your interest in the position, please submit your resume to:
Christian Credit Union Ltd.
Attention: Joanne Drotar, Director People & Culture email@example.com
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Investment Officer
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Investment Officer to join our Executive Leadership Team. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
The Chief Financial and Investment Officer (CFIO) position exists to help MEDA achieve its mission. Specifically, the CFIO provides strategic leadership to achieve MEDA’s financial, investment and legal goals. The CFIO ensures the overall success of MEDA’s finance and accounting, auditing, treasury, risk management, legal, compliance and investment functions. The position is based out of our Waterloo HQ and reports directly to our Waterloo based President & CEO. Desired start date is early 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Posting will remain open until position is filled.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE?
We are looking for a business-minded professional who desires meaningful work in the international economic development field and is eager to contribute to MEDA’s global impact, creating business solutions to poverty.
Well-versed in all aspects of financial management and have senior level experience in finance, investment and legal compliance
Excited about the opportunity to leverage private sector capital and investments to make an impact on poverty
Experienced in the private sector, with an understanding of the NGO context
A highly motivated, self-starter, results-oriented team leader who demonstrates critical analysis and strategic thinking
Willing and available to travel domestically and internationally to developing countries
An advocate of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
Appreciative and passionate about efforts to alleviate poverty in an international context using business solutions to poverty.
Appreciation and support of MEDA's mission, vision and values
Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
University degree, preferably a Masters or an MBA in business, finance, investment or related field;
CPA designation is required; CFA designation is a strong asset
Investment experience, including impact investing and blended finance (5 years)
Minimum of ten years of successful executive leadership and senior staff management
Demonstrated senior level experience in finance, accounting and investment management
Experience working with donor contracts in international development
Knowledge of regulatory frameworks, investment and markets
Awareness of international economic development
Expertise in internal and external audit practices, financial and management accounting
Expertise in technology to support financial systems and reporting, including working knowledge of Sage 300 and PowerBI
Demonstrates critical analysis and strategic thinking, and good interpersonal communication
Highly motivated, self-starter and results-oriented
Excellent and proven interpersonal skills in team leadership, relationship building, active listening, communicating and negotiation
The ability to speak other languages, such as French, is an asset
Availability and willingness to travel to developing countries for 60-80 days per year
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
When you walk into the first session with your ideal client it feels like heaven. You LOVE doing therapy! You are a registered mental health professional, ethical, well trained, and you are pretty good with almost anyone that comes in the door, but with a selective group of clients, you are truly GREAT! The problem is, in your current situation, you don’t get to have those kinds of experiences the way you want… and it is truly starting to wear you down. In fact, there are a few types of clients out there that you have to work REALLY hard to rally for and get excited about working with them.. and right now, it seems like you are getting more and more of those clients.
You’ve thought about private practice, but the truth is- you don’t want to be a business owner and to carry the stress that comes with that. You get excited about talking to people, sharing what you do, and even enjoy giving a talk to the community from time to time- but you don’t want to be bogged down with accounting, bookkeeping, business planning, and search engine optimization! You’d really love to find a private practice where you’d feel like you were a part of a truly awesome community. You want to be excited about seeing your coworkers, be able to have a quick chat between sessions, excited about the clients you are working with, glowing at the end of a really hard clinical day because you know you did excellent work.
If this sounds like you, send over your resume, 2 reference letters and a written (or video) cover letter. No traditional cover letters. Tell me about the true you, why you’d fit with this practice, and tell me about those ideal clients with whom you do your most awesome work!
Full and Part Time Positions available for Registered Psychotherapists or Registered Psychologists.
All positions are Employee status with benefits.
We will accept qualifying psychotherapists - supervision is provided onsite.
Send resumes to:
Attn: John Morris, Office Manager
Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.