The Christian Broadcasting Associates, Inc. / The 700 Club Canada
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Christian Broadcasting Associates, Inc. seeks a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to increase the ministry of the gospel across Canada and expand on the already good humanitarian work being done.
Established January 1, 1975, The Christian Broadcasting Associates, Inc. (CBA) is a registered Canadian charity.
With revenue of over $3 million dollars, the organization’s ongoing programs include television broadcasting of religious programming, primarily The 700 Club Canada and The 700 Club.
The mission of CBA is to prepare Canada for the coming of Jesus Christ and the establishment of the Kingdom of God on earth. In achieving their mission, the chief method is the strategic use of mass communication, especially television and film; the distribution of DVDs, films and literature; and the conduct of education that will train the young and old to understand how the principles of the Kingdom of God relate to those spheres of human endeavour which play a dominant role in the world.
Additionally, they have a Prayer Centre, staffed by dedicated people who are filled with the Holy Spirit and equipped to interact with those who want prayer or Biblical resources. They also provide ministry through email and social media and the promotion and distribution of Superbook, an animated, Bible-based adventure series for children that teaches timeless moral truths and life lessons.
Further information about The Christian Broadcasting Associates, Inc. can be found at https://700club.ca
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Christian Broadcasting Associates, Inc. will seek to increase the ministry of the gospel across Canada and expand on the already good humanitarian work being done.
A builder and growth-oriented leader, the CEO will determine and undertake to implement the overarching vision, goals, and initiatives in Canada, establishing positive relationships with all stakeholders and other business leaders.
The CEO will drive strategic planning, business development, and fiscal operations with overall responsibility for the organization’s staff, expansion, and execution of its mission in coordination with Christian Broadcasting Network (“CBN”). S/he will develop a strong commitment to the integrated relationship and shared resources between CBN, the Canadian operation, and other CBN global partners.
A servant leader, s/he will be flexible, teachable, and eager to learn. Demonstrating self-awareness by knowing their own limitations, they will lead with humility and empathy.
- Provide vision, develop strategic plan, for the ministry in Canada in consultation with the Board of CBA
- Develop and administer an annual comprehensive budget and fundraising plan ensuring approved objectives are achieved in compliance with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Provide direction and leadership in all fundraising efforts across the direct marketing, major gifts, broadcast television, as well as current and emerging internet / digital channels
- Create new fundraising initiatives and ensure necessary systems support budget growth
- Oversee the development and marketing of a creative and impactful internet / digital ministry strategy for Canada
- Direct all evangelism, multi-media, and humanitarian efforts
- Market Canadian program to national and regional television stations
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- A consistent and authentic Christian faith experience rooted in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian culture
- Strong understanding of the workings of the Canadian ministry environment and evangelization
- Experience of the Canadian media marketplace, broadcasting, and new digital landscape is preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills and a track record of developing and executing a strategic plan and consistently attaining results
- Experience developing and delivering successful fundraising and marketing programs
- Strong interpersonal, organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- A team-oriented management style, who attracts, retains and develops strong performing teams motivating employees to work toward shared goals
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Able to develop and manage budgets, balancing values and efficiency
- A minimum of 10 years executive leadership experience (Director-level and above)
- University education preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Proficient using business related technology
- Ability to travel
This search is being managed by Cause Leadership Inc. on behalf of The Christian Broadcasting Associates, Inc.
If you, or someone you know, would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will receive a full opportunity information document.
The application deadline is January 10, 2021.
Cause Leadership Inc. is a Canadian executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive leadership and fundraising professionals for ministries and other charities.
Communications & Marketing
Digital Marketing Specialist
Are you a creative initiator who geeks out on effective, digital promotions for the nonprofit world? We want to talk to you!
Food for the Hungry (FH) Canada is seeking a digital marketing specialist who will work with the rest of the marketing team to execute creative digital marketing strategies. At FH, we’re focused on ending poverty, one community at a time. We’re looking for a full-time team-player with a proven passion for creating engaging multi-channel digital campaigns that bring Canadians into our mission.
As a small organization, we love to punch above our weight, investing our limited resources to focus on results. We like to experiment with new ideas and your creativity will be essential. Our approach is positive and fun, so bring your A-game when it comes to clever banter and dedicated work ethic.
You will work with the marketing team to dream up ways to motivate Canadians to join FH and the communities it walks alongside. Expect to hit the ground running. You’ll help drive social media, manage pay-per-click campaigns, and help prepare emails, blog posts, digital reports, web content, and more.
YOUR APTITUDE & ATTITUDE
- You get how to sell (this is a marketing role!) and you love people. Everyone deserves an opportunity to be included in ending poverty, and you will shamelessly invite them! You also understand customer-centric language and how to make every supporter the hero of the story.
- You’re digitally savvy. Your screen time is embarrassingly high, and you get what commands more than simply likes on digital platforms like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, blogs, vlogs, and more. You stay on top of the trends, even in your spare time. When we say specialist, we mean it. You’re going to tell the rest of the team how to up our digital marketing game, focusing on results.
- You have experience. You know the ins and outs of PPC advertising, SEO, and Google Analytics. Google Adwords and Analytics certification is a plus as is experience with Mailchimp.
- You know what it's like to be behind the screens in the digital realm. You have at least an intermediate understanding of HTML and CSS, blogging platforms, and CRM systems. Our CRM, website, and finance system is NetSuite; bonus points if you have experience with it.
- You’re a data nerd. Analyzing the what, how, and why of marketing holds your attention, and you want to tabulate and craft new approaches from your research.
- You like your ducks in a row. Juggling priorities and hitting deadlines is second nature. You’re committed to the cause and the job, not the hours. You’re fastidious about staying organized.
- A post-secondary degree in a related field, or a lot of marketing experience. Or both.
FH Canada is a Christian organization with a donor base that is primarily of the Christian faith. Candidates must be comfortable with this audience and be willing to work in an environment with a broad range of enthusiastically Christian perspectives.
POSITION: Full time, permanent
LOCATION: FH National Office. Abbotsford, British Columbia. Remote work is negotiable but our long term preference is some face-to-face time in-office.
DEPARTMENT: Communications & Marketing
Submit your CV (with portfolio if applicable) to email@example.com by December 31, 2020.
Those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Senior Philanthropy Officer
The Senior Philanthropy Officer for mid-level giving is a newly created role, which reports to the Director of Development and works collaboratively with the Marketing and Ministry Program groups. The Senior Philanthropy Officer will manage a portfolio focused on creating excellent donor experiences for those giving in the important mid-level gift range ($1,000 to $10,000 annually). This position will contribute to program development, program implementation, and growth through prospective donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. They will build and nurture strong positive relationships both with donors and their colleagues. They will be an integral part of a new and growing team focused on increasing the level of giving and attracting new supporters in order to strategically build the priorities of The Scott Mission.
The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry of mercy and love. It aims to meet the needs of people with love and compassion and seek to bring spiritual, physical, and emotional wholeness to their lives.
The Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization responding to the needs of the poor, homeless, abandoned and vulnerable of all ages. Based in Toronto, the Mission offers practical, emotional and spiritual support to thousands of people every year.
While religious belief and practice are never conditions for receiving help and assistance, and everyone is welcome regardless of faith background, The Scott Mission is committed to the spiritual well-being of all people through the life and witness of Jesus Christ. Their hope is for everyone to have a personal relationship with Jesus, and to express this relationship in a life of integrity and in acts of compassion toward others.
The Mission is privately funded and employs over 100 dedicated staff at 502 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, its Family Centre in East York, the Collingwood Retreat Centre and its Summer Camp in Caledon.
Building on the vision of its founders, The Scott Mission has remained Christ-centred in all its programs and services. It was Morris and Annie Zeidman’s belief that the hunger of the soul needed to be addressed as well as the hunger of the physical body.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A pro-active builder with a minimum of five years of fundraising experience, with mid-level giving program experience preferred.
- Management experience an asset.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Well-developed computer skills (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of and operating according to the AFP guidelines & Donor Bill of Rights.
- Membership in a Christian church, a clear commitment to live out your faith, and agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Scott Mission.
- Front – line experience managing a pipeline of mid-level donors ($1,000 - $10,000)
- Solid communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes in a results-oriented culture
- Excellent organizational skills
- Polished presentation skills
- Commitment to The Scott Mission Statement of Faith
- Compliance with The Scott Mission policies and practices
- Relevant University/College degree/diploma
- CFRE designation secured or working towards
- Ongoing professional development
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Scott Mission by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence.
To submit your application by January 11, 2021, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/. Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Janice Wooster at email@example.com or 416.388.4049 / 1.866.647.5149. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Christian Reformed Church in Canada
Senior Leader for Anti-racism
The work of anti-racism has been marginal in the Christian Reformed Church in Canada and BIPoC people express a struggle with a sense of belonging in the church. It is right, therefore, to commit to significant new efforts to facilitate a systemic culture change in the denomination - change that deliberately wrestles with the sin of racism, that challenges institutional defaults conditioned by racism, and takes steps of radical repentance in accountability with BIPoC siblings in ways that honour commitments like God’s Diverse and Unified Family and the Belhar Confession.
As Christ's church, we must lean into a vision of community that is an intercultural tapestry of love, respect, reciprocity, justice and equity. This deeply collaborative work will build on the vision cast in conversation with anti-racism and decolonization advocates as articulated in the Framework Proposal: Senior leader for antiracism - CRCNA within Canada (October 2020). The purpose of this position is to help to catalyze this critical and sacred journey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Anti-racism cannot be done by one leader or office in isolation. Anti-racism work must be aligned with the denominational goals and be led with intention across the church. Therefore the Senior Leader for Anti-racism will:
- work with the Canadian Executive Director’s office, the Canadian Ministries Team and the CRCNA Canada Corporation members to promote anti-racism learning that will inform institutional practices, and build capacity among leaders, which will increase competencies to address systemic racism in all its forms.
- Work collaboratively with key informants and the Canadian Executive Director’s office to form a BIPoC-led national advisory committee for anti-racism. Initial work will include: shaping a mandate that focuses on strategy for anti-racism that includes measures for internal culture change, institutional accountability to articulated anti-racism commitments, and congregational mobilization for anti-racism and intercultural community.
- Based on dialogue with the national advisory committee (as above), lead the implementation of strategy, staffing and programming for anti-racism in institutional, ecclesial and congregational contexts.
- Serve as a co-leader of the Justice and Reconciliation staff team (digital & Burlington) to inform and enhance collaboration for anti-racism and decolonization in the CRC in Canada while shaping ministry plan priorities for justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Contract and mobilization staff
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Passionate about the Gospel as central to the holistic transformation of the church as a reciprocal intercultural community.
- Ability to inspire change in contexts of tension and unexamined dominant narratives. Creative gifts in problem solving, mediation, and appreciative inquiry.
- Familiarity with CRC institutional and theological contexts and/or ability to integrate experience in similar contexts into CRC related anti-racism work. Ability to connect the CRC’s commitment to reforming to a transformational movement for antiracism and intercultural community. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC.
- Conversant with BIPoC and decolonial theologies and their embodiment. Familiarity with land and place as theological contexts for anti-racism and decolonization.
- Excellent relational skills with a balance of creativity, bold-winsome-charisma and humility. These skills are critical to tasks of analyzing systems culture and activating processes of lament and change.
- A committed learner, listener and collaborator. Gifts in adult education and public speaking are key assets.
- Disciplined and self-motivated work style, able to function productively with little supervision.
- Committed to self-care, work-life balance and modelling them for others.
- Gifts in strategic planning, community engagement, group facilitation and volunteer empowerment.
Education and Experience
- Lived experience of systemic racism and challenging systems to address oppression and colonization within their structures. Experience in navigating dominant culture systems and holding safe space for BIPoC people in such systems.Balance of professional experience, academic credentials and lived experience is critical.
- Leadership experience for equity, diversity and inclusion in systems change.
- Understanding the historical realities that undergird contemporary systemic racism and oppression and how they manifest in institutional culture.
- Masters degree and/or demonstrated lived experience and competence in some of: intercultural leadership, social justice and equity studies, asset based development, anti-racism, theology/intercultural missiology.
- 7-10 years experience in leadership and/or front-line contexts.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel within a specified region as well as attendance at occasional meetings in other parts of Canada and the United States is required.
Application Instructions: Please apply online and upload your resume and cover letter as one .pdf or .docx file.
Sales, Social Media, Accounts
Office based in Aurora ON
but work remotely.
About Digital Consultants
Digital Consultants is a digital marketing company that is committed to partnering with businesses and non-profit organizations to provide services that ignite online presence and deliver value for growth. Digital Consultants will walk alongside clients to develop custom strategies and provide modern and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions for today’s business problems.
Digital Consultants specialize in:
· Artificial Intelligence messaging websites to engage website visitors
· Communicate your value proposition through Storytelling content
· Develop SEO, Responsive and Mobile Friendly website
· Full e-commerce system to order online and receive payment without human interaction
· Fully manage social media channels and increase brand awareness
· Develop mobile apps that engage customers and grow business revenue
- Identifying and landing new business opportunities
- Close new deals meet and exceed quotas
- Conduct sales call daily to qualify and advance leads to close.
- Host online videos and have client-oriented video communications
- Create and execute sales proposals
- Deliver energetic and expert product and service presentations to business owners and decision-makers
- Exercise thoughtful persistence with follow-ups to close the deal
- Participate in sales training and bring new ideas to the table to improve our process
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients and key external stakeholders
- Self-starter, looking to grow in sales skills, networking and business development
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Social Media Specialist
- Monitor Digital Consultants’ client social media accounts; respond promptly and appropriately to comments, fostering engagement and promoting productive and thought-provoking discussion
- Grow client’s social media platforms with specialized techniques and tools provided by Digital Consultants
- Posting relevant and engaging content with Digital Consultant’s Artificial Intelligence application and responding to comments and messages
- Help design and implement an effective social media and content strategy in collaboration with leadership team
- Write and source regular blog content that establishes thought leadership and builds trust while improving SEO
- Write and help optimize a variety of high-quality digital marketing content
- Identify media trends, and insights from SEO research, to write content that gets easily found on Page 1 of Google
- Create and/or curate interesting images, photos, and videos for highly visual social media platforms
- Create monthly reports and analysis that provide insights to social accounts’ progress, performance, and growth, and inform future decisions for content
- Review progress reports with clients and develop targets and goals
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients and key external stakeholders
- Host meeting with clients and handhold website launches
- Coordinate and manage website projects till implementation
- Monitor Digital Consultants’ client website
- Create monthly reports and analysis that provide insights on website performance, and growth, and inform future decisions for content
- Review progress reports with clients and develops targets and goals
- Identify media trends, and insights from SEO research, to write content that gets easily found on Page 1 of Google using Digital Consultants tools and techniques
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients and be the point of contact to answer questions and concerns with clients
Digital Consultants Looking for team members who:
· Belong to a local church and exercise integrity and excellence
· Self-starter and have an innovative mind-set
· Natural at creating and building relationships
· Committed to learning and growing in digital marketing
- Flexible Schedule
- Work from Home
- Commission Pay and transition to full time role
- Commission rate range from 15-25%
- Quarterly Bonus based on performance calculation
Please submit your resume to Jenani (Jen) Paul, president, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Challenge Canada
Teen Challenge Canada Inc. is looking for a Centre Director for the Ontario Men's Centre in London Ontario.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, this multi-functional position would provide spiritual oversight and treatment of a Christian faith-based residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.
Responsibilities include ensuring full compliance with Teen Challenge's program standards, working alongside key program department staff members in order to achieve goals set for occupancy and graduation rates, leading a team that is focused on care for students to heal and develop mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Other crucial responsibilities include working alongside the development team to aid in facilitating and ensuring that fundraising objectives are met, carrying out specific fundraising activities, and participating in annual events.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise staff, prepare work schedules, and assign specific duties
- Review financial statements, sales, and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement, and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures, conferring with the management team and appropriate department staff as necessary
- Understand, implement, and enforce Teen Challenge's Program Standards and Health & Safety Policies
- Determine staffing requirements and facilitate interviews, hiring and training of new employees with the assistance of the Human Resources department
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks/mentorship; participating in professional organizations
- Enhance the organization's reputation by meeting with external stakeholders as required
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Oversee processes of discharging students who are in contravention of Teen Challenge's Program Standards
- Reinforce Teen Challenge's Christ-centred culture at all times, by ensuring staff are conducting themselves in adherence with Teen Challenge's Lifestyle and Morality standards
- Oversee the completion of all necessary training administered to staff
- Handle all matters with sensitivity by upholding Teen Challenge's Confidentiality Policies
- Deploy conflict management techniques, when necessary
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to ensure targets and objectives are met
- Lead outreaches and liaison between local churches and key contacts, as necessary
- Assist with the facilitation and delivery of Development initiatives and events
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field would be considered an asset
- Minimum two years of management work experience
- Extensive Biblical knowledge
- Demonstrated success in leading by influence and working effectively in a collaborative environment
- Solid understanding of and commitment to the Teen Challenge Canada Inc. program
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, gifted to inspire others, and clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Excellent planning, organization and implementation skills
- Able to travel for regular Sunday commitments at churches, and other interdenominational, business and public meetings and presentations as required
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, and key external stakeholders
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop and implement strategies
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Motivated individual with proven initiative
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team, as well as independently
- Travel is required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Operate office equipment including computer, photocopies, scanner, phone, headset, and other office equipment as necessary
- Overtime as required
Apply online at www.teenchallenge.ca/contact-us/employment
WJ Professional Corporation
Chartered Professional Accountants
A public accounting firm on the Oakville/Mississauga border is seeking a Senior Accountant with a CPA, having public accounting firm experience. This position offers work-life balance with hands-on experience serving a variety of owner-managed businesses. They will consider both those seeking full time and permanent part-time positions. The eligible candidate:
- Is at least 2 years post designation;
- Has a minimum 4 years’ experience in public accounting;
- Is experienced in the owner-managed sector
- Has a strong working knowledge of ASPE, ASNPO, CaseWare, Jazzit, Profile and/or Taxprep
- Brings a positive attitude and willingness to work as a team;
- Is comfortable in taking responsibility and working independently;
- Has strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Enjoys researching a tax and accounting solutions.
Overtime hours during the busy season are under control, and you are more than a number. They value every person of the team.
Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com
Stoney Creek ON
Compass Creative, an award-winning brand marketing agency in Stoney Creek, Ontario is currently receiving applications for the following full-time positions.
1. Project Coordinator
For more details on how to apply visit: https://compasscreative.ca/careers
Compass Creative values truth, beauty and business results!
We believe there's far too much noise in the world today. We help our clients communicate clearly, truthfully and artfully about the great work they do so they can grow their business and improve more people's lives. We believe we're redeeming the stories we tell in the marketplace. And that's what gets us out of bed in the morning.
Consider joining our team or forward this info to anyone who might be up for a challenging but rewarding career in marketing.
View job descriptions and download applications here: https://compasscreative.ca/careers